Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Friday, September 24, 2010

~Master Bedroom Tour~

This week Kelly's room tour is of Master Bedrooms. Thank you for all of the comments and emails from the Living Room tour. Enjoy!

This is my Master Retreat (as I like to call it). I LOVE relaxing in this room! My goal was to create a space that reminds me of a nice hotel where we stayed. It is filled with our favorite wedding pics & anniversary beach pics.


As mentioned last week, we remodeled the entire house before moving in. This is the list of what was done to the master bedroom:
new carpet
new window (there is a wall of 3 large windows & 1 was broken)
new trim paint
walls painted
new ceiling fan




*This chest was a gift from my cute hubby. The mirror was an awesome find in OKC at a moving sale. The framed picture is of my hubs & I in the limo just after we said "I do"!


*This armoire is HUGE & very heavy. It took 7 coaches to move it from our previous home. Actually, it was so heavy that the previous owners left it for us b/c they couldn't move it! Score! However, it looked NOTHING like this. It was a terrible light faux wood color. Not good! It had a different look in our old master (painted black w/ no scratches or pretty knobs). When being moved it got really scratched up. I had full intentions of repainting it, but instead I sanded it a bit and went for the shabby look. Added the crystal knobs & now it is one of my favorite pieces!
************************************

Just for fun....this is my previous "Master Retreat" in the last home. Yes, I've made all the bedding & draperies in both homes (some of you have asked).

This is my previous living room that I forgot to include on the Living Room tour last week.
Hope you enjoyed the tour! Wishing you a very blessed Friday!
SHO

25 comments:

The Tuscan Home said...

Beautiful, love what you've done! ~Liz

Heather said...

I love your bedding, so pretty!! Both master suites you have had are gorgeous!! You are so talented to make all the draperies and bedding!! That's awesome!

Holly Girl said...

I love the crosses . . . .I have a cross wall in my house. Your decor is beautiful! I love your style!

Kelly said...

Beautiful rooms!!!
www.kellysavenue.com

twinkietotmom said...

I love that you call it a "Master Retreat" and the way you put the mirror just resting against the wall on the nightstand!

His Doorkeeper said...

Your bedroom does look like a luxury hotel!! Very nice!
Blessings!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Wow, that IS a retreat! Looks beautiful! Great job!

BabiesandBargains said...

This is such a nice room! I love the bedding!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I also tried to take inspiration from luxury hotel rooms in which we've stayed. I like feeling like we are on vacation every time we are in our room.

Mrs. Carioca said...

Wow the bedding is great! I does look like a hotel.

Angie said...

Amazing bedding all the way around...you have fabulous taste.

Summer said...

I love your bedroom! I agree it totally looks like a luxury hotel, just gorgeous! I love the chandelier the bedding and your cross wall is so pretty!!

Your bloggy is so cute too....I am your newest follower

have a great weekend
Summer :0)

Colleen said...

lovely! Your living room looks gorgeous with all those rich colors.

Wiz said...

Love your room! That is so impressive that you made your curtains and bedding!

Unknown said...

I love the mirror!! Beautiful room.. you are talented!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

So pretty! Love the mirror!

Random Musings said...

It does look like a hotel! I love it!

The Pressley Family said...

Very pretty! You've done a great job!

Anonymous said...

That previous headboard is great! Was it a faux fur fabric?

Traci said...

Very pretty! I wish I could sew!

Veronika said...

I love your bedding, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm super impressed that you made the bedding and drapery!! Love brown and blue together :)

Robin said...

Your bedroom is so luxurious! It does look like a swanky hotel retreat!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I hope you are able to stop by again soon!

{{HUGS}}

Robin
aka: Alabama Slacker Mama

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

WOW - it is beautiful!!! I LOVE your bedding & drapes...I can't believe you made that - you are SO talented!! Everything is just gorgeous...you have fabulous taste. :)

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

WOW!! Everything is just incredible gorgeous!!! You have beautiful taste :) ~Nancy~