Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Friday, September 17, 2010

~Living Room Tour!~

I was talking with some friends at church this week and we were discussing how fun it is to see where people live. I love reading blogs where people show their things, projects, deals, etc. Kelly's blog is doing a room by room tour each week, so I thought it would be fun to join in!

This is what the living room looked like when we purchased the house BEFORE the remodel. No flooring, no trim, no window treatments & the walls were 3 different colors.

*This is what it looked like during the remodel. Yikes! We spent 3 weeks having the house totally remodeled before we could move in. It is amazing what people can do to a house that was only 3 years old!


Below is my current living room. We moved into this house 2 years ago and I find myself still moving things around. I love to decorate & mix it up!

*I love dual purpose furniture. The 2 leather arm chairs actually go to my dining room set. I'd been wanting two leather chairs for that area, so it worked out perfectly when we got the set. Plus, there is more room around the table until we need the extra seating. I was able to save a great deal of money by putting those 2 chairs there instead of purchasing different chairs.



*My fall/harvest decor. We don't celebrate Halloween, so I do fall decor until it is time for CHRISTmas decor. I heart CHRISTMAS!

Purchased this sofa table with my MIL on Black Friday at Lowe's for $88! Plus, it came with 2 buffet lamps. Awesome! It is not my favorite style, but I knew it would be covered up with pretty things :)
This table is used between my sofa & dining room. Every time I look at this table it is filled with things I love...my miracle girl, our family bible and shells collected on our different trips. I've been collecting shells for years, but didn't have them where I could admire them every day. Now, they bring me joy each day!

*This is part of my Sid Dickens collection. I LOVE this artist! He makes a limited amount of each piece and then they are retired. Once in retirement, they start gaining in value. Yes, we live in Texas...However we do have Sooner blood running through our veins! BOOMER SOONER!!!


*This corner table is actually an antique piano bench that my Dad refinished and gave to me. I love it! We keep bibles (love to decorate with old bibles) & pics of family members on this table. The iron piece is 1 of a 3 piece collection that I found at a garage sale for $8! It still had the tags on it :)

Hope you enjoyed the tour! Thanks for visiting my savings blog where I tell you about my deals, steals & all things sassy. I'm going to try to join in each week with the tour. Have a blessed Friday!

SHO

15 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow!! Your living room is stunning!! Y'all did a great job. I love your mantle, beautiful!!

Barbara said...

love your living room! Had to show my husband, he eats sleeps breaths OU! Boomer Sooners!!!!! He asked can we do that in our office!!!

Barbara

said...

SO many cute details!!

stacy@dooLITTLETHINGS said...

Very pretty living room. I'm an Okie so I love your OU wall, of course!

Adrienne said...

love your fireplace.

Shannon said...

The living room looks GREAT! What a transformation!!

Danielle said...

LOVE your damask and zebra pillow! and love the idea of decorating with old bibles...the best book there is!!

Jennifer said...

I love the personal touches in your room! Your damask/zebra print pillows are to die for! Love them!

Summer said...

What a great transformation!! It is gorgeous....I love all the decor and zebra pillow eeeeeeeek I also love that fireplace....

xoxo
Summer ;0)

Cerys said...

Love your living room, it's so homely. I adore the idea of decorating with old bibles, very meaningful. Thanks for sharingx

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

Thank you for stopping in at Yoga Gal! I LOVE your crown wall art. You did a great job for this being your first blog party. It took me awhile to figure out how these things worked when I started blogging! :D

Shoshanah said...

I think your living room is so cute! I especially love the way you've decorated around your fireplace

Brittany {Coleman Chronicles} said...

So cozy! Great transformation :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my living room post! Your space is very lovely!

Brittany said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment. I love the decorating with bibles and seashells. Two of my favorite things! We got married on the beach and I have seashells in just about every room in my house in some way or another! Thanks for stopping by!