Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

~Healthy options are not always super expensive!~

I'm always curious as to what people are feeding their children. Today I took a long hard look around at the lunches in my daughter's kindergarten class. It was pretty extreme! I observed spinach, turkey, cantaloupe, cheese & veggie chips in one container. One student had rice, snap peas,cheese, etc. Another student had a lunchable and greasy chips. Hmmm. No judging, just observing!

So many people think that they can't "afford" to put good things into their children's bodies. I'm proof positive that you can. My daughter's lunch had all of the food groups in it and it was still cheaper than a store bought lunchable.

Am I anti-lunchables? Absolutely not! My daughter LOvES them, however they are a rare treat at our house.

Moving along...back to people think everything healthy is too expensive. Did you know that it only cost $1.35 per day for an adult to get 17 fruits, vegetables & grains from Juice Plus+? I was SHOCKED at how affordable it really is! If you sign up your child for a child's study, they can take the product for FREE (just pay shipping). So, for $1.35 per day my daughter and I can get 17 fruits, vegetables and grains through Juice Plus+. That was such exciting news for this Momma who tries so hard, but NEVER get the daily recommendation (7-13) of fruits & vegetables. Honestly, I don't know anyone who does. If you are interested in learning more about this, please leave me a comment or visit my website. Please note that all studies have to go through me (not the website). Leave me a comment with your contact information and I will get back to you asap.

Blessings~
SHO

No comments: