Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, January 3, 2011

~2011 Preview!~

I'm pondering what we are wanting to accomplish for 2011. We are setting the same savings goal as 2010. Now that we know we can achieve it, I don't think it will seem like such a tall mountain to climb. We have been looking into a newer, more fuel efficient vehicle also. Never fun to have to purchase a car! After much looking and discussion, my cute hubs decided he would like to wait it out. He likes having money in the bank and isn't ready to drop a large sum of cash on a car when his is working just fine. Gotta love a sensible man! I LOVE that I'm married to man that is not defined by the car that he drives! A man that is not afraid to be who he is in any situation, even if that means being different. I wanted to marry someone who believes in himself and in me and I did just that. I'm constantly saying (singing) to him "When God made you, He must have been thinking about me".

Whatever 2011 holds for us, I'm believing it is going to be wonderful! We started 2011 with the Daniel Fast and boy is this stretch for us. Whew! I usually give up sugar for this, but this year we are trying to modify everything. I've spent hours researching recipes to make within the guidelines. I've almost got my 21 day menu finalized. We are on day #3 and are feeling it! It is a hurt like no other. Sort of "hurts so good". The more my body aches and detoxifies from the junk I've been polluting it with, the better my spirit feels. Make sense?

It felt so good to go to the grocery store and not purchase chips, soda, snack bars, candy bars, sugary cereal, etc. I have been treating my body more like the TX State Fair than a temple as of late!
We are excited to see what God has planned for us over the next 3 weeks!
More to come on that later.

2011 Blessings~
SHO

No comments: