Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, February 8, 2010

~Monday~


Well, January has passed and February is here. Where did January go??? I hope you all were able to accomplish your January financial goals. I am happy to report that I hit my savings goal for the month! Actually, I went over it a bit even. Which is probably good since February might be a stretch due to the electric bill doubling. Yikes! I will post my results each month. It is so true that if you put your goals on paper, then there really is a purpose. God provides abundantly more than we actually need. Never before did I think that I could reach a hefty savings goal like the one that I have set, even when we were a two income family making plenty. Now, to think what I could have been doing with my salary....Well, it sort of makes me sick! Hindsight.........20/20..............so true!

What are your financial goals for 2010? It is not too late to set goals! If you have a hard time or feel defeated, set small goals first. Start out with weekly goals. Goals such as:
Not eat at a restaurant for 7 days
Plan a menu out for 2 weeks and stick to it
Only spend $50 per week (or less) on groceries
Limit boxed (pre-packaged) foods in your home
Try 2 new recipes per week for one month
Set aside money each week for your vacation
Start selling items that you don't need on the internet
Only buy sale items at the grocery store
Make a list and stick to it!
Make fewer trips around town...saving time and gas=$$$
As you can see, you can set small attainable goals and succeed. If you have set a goal and want to share, please email me at coachoshields@hotmail.com.

Also, sorry if the posts have been a bit lacking this past week. I have been sick and have had zero energy. You know you are sick when you don't feel like getting on the computer! I'm hoping to be back this week with my menu totals, since so many of you have commented on how much it inspires you. Thank you again for the kind words from my faithful friends, readers and students. I am blessed.

No comments: