Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

~How Do I?~Homemade Fabric Softener!~

Ever wondered how to make fabric softener? Well, here is a recipe if you want to give it a try! I have not made this, but I will once I run out. If you try this please let me know how you like it. This is one of my blog friends recipes. She makes this and loves it!

Homemade Liquid Fabric Softener

1 cup baking soda
6 cups distilled white vinegar
8 cups water
10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil scent. (lime, orange, or lavender are some favs)

You will need a one gallon container.
1. Add the baking soda to the container.
2. Add 1 cup of water.
3. Slowly add the vinegar to the bottle as the vinegar and baking soda will start to fizz. Don't be scared :)
4. Add the rest of the water swirling around & cover venting the top a few times.
5. Add the essential oil.

Place 1/2 cup in your final rinse cycle for each load. Be sure to shake the bottle well to stir up the essential oils (if you are using them).

Good luck!

No comments: