Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

~Ho Do I Series!~

In the next week or so I'm going to be starting what I'm going to call a "How Do I?" series of posts. Basically, I will try to address some of the questions that I am asked frequently. I will also address the types of questions that I ask my financial mentors. Everyone has their own way of doing things. I'm a believer that if it isn't broke then don't fix it. However, we all need a tune up from time to time. I am always looking for ways to improve how I operate. If someone offers information, I listen up! I will be letting you know what is working for us. I should probably also mention the things that didn't work in the past!

As I was typing the line "If it isn't broke, then don't fix it", I was reminded of a time that I was trying to be thrifty when I was pregnant. I desperately wanted one of those expensive ($120) slings to carry my precious cargo. So, I went to all of the boutiques to try them on and to try to figure out how they were made. Simple enough, I thought. I went and bought the fabric and everything else needed for the project. The man in line behind me asked what I was making. Looking back, I'm really not sure why he even cared enough to ask??? Anyway, I told him a baby sling. He asked what pattern I would be using and I told him that I didn't need one. His response was "Do you really think you need to reinvent the wheel?" I'm cracking up as I type this because it is funny NOW....Not so funny at the time!


The pink leopard sling did not turn out exactly as planned, but it was still super cute and did the trick. I was still using it when my baby was over a year. All for less than $10! The picture was taken on a very hot day at the Texas State Fair :)

No comments: