Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Friday, February 12, 2010

~Dinner Totals~

Beef Stroganoff, Garlic Bread & Spinach Salad

Beef-.50 (I presort my meat before freezing and make smaller batches for meals like this that don't require much meat....less meat=less $$$)
Stroganoff noodles & other ingredients-$1
Garlic Bread-FREE (used the FREE loaf from Kroger from a couple weeks ago that I had frozen...Thawed it, put butter, garlic and heated it up)
Spinach Salad-.50

So, for around $2 we had one of my husband and daughter's favorite meals. It is one meal that they never get tired of!

Again, I'm not making fancy gourmet meals. However, we eat nice meals together that we all enjoy and don't repeat the same meals too often. I've said it before, but variety is what keeps us eating at home. When we first got married (almost 9 years ago) I'm pretty sure I made the same 5-7 meals over and over and over again. That got old quickly! Luckily, I branched out and started collecting recipes from family, friends and the internet. Now, I have a large variety to choose from and it makes cooking less of a chore.

Hope this is inspiring you to get in there and cook :)

Blessings~
SHO

No comments: