Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, August 24, 2009

~Plan Ahead...Christmas is coming!~


This weekend I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts during the TX tax free weekend sales. I actually start my Christmas shopping in January, yes you read is correctly...January! I have a monthly budget for "gifts/clothing" and I stay within it. I buy things throughout the year when I see them on sale or find the perfect gift. When November and December rolls around, I don't have the stress of running around everywhere or the financial strain. Christmas truly is about Jesus being the reason for the season!
Are you ready for a goal? If you have not started already, figure out a budget that you can spend (without going into debt). Divide that number by 4 (Sept., Oct., Nov. & December) and purpose to only spend that amount. The goal is to not be paying for Christmas 2009 in 2010!
I promise, Jesus does not want you to go into debt over His Birthday :)Having this set budget will make you think outside the box when it comes to gifts. You will put more thought into each gift too!
Example: I'm making my BIL a basket of all grill & home items. It is going to end up being awesome! Why? I have been collecting items each month to put in it. It will be filled with marinades, seasonings, recipes, etc. It will be an expensive "retail" gift, however we all know that I will be using some of my great deals. I will try to remember to take pics of it when I'm finished.
I'm fully aware that most people don't think to do their Christmas shopping at the grocery store. Ha! However, it is possible and fun if you think outside the box my dear couponers :) Think coffees along with chocolates and all of the many other possibilities. Items are not so random if grouped together.
I have a few other gift ideas in the making, but can't share due to some of my reader's being the recipients!
If you have any low budget, yet high quality gift ideas please let me know. I'm always open to ideas. The thing about gifts is that it doesn't matter what you spend as long as it is of good quality.
Please email me your budget challenges! I can't wait to see what you all can come up with!

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy August!

No comments: