Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

~The Crockpot Challenge~

The past 2 weeks, I have been thawing meat out on Saturday night and then putting in the crockpot before we leave for church on Sunday. Once church is over we come home to a yummy smelling house and lunch waiting for us. Not only is it saving us time and money, but it is way more healthy than eating fast food!
So, my challenge to my dear readers is to pick a day that you normally struggle with eating out (ours is Sunday after church). Once you have your day, thaw something out the night before and pop it into the crockpot and let it cook. My new crockpot has a 4 hour setting which is awesome! Make this particular day a "crockpot day" for the next month and see if it sticks. It is going to in my house! We normally are starving after church and end up eating something fast and not good. I told my cute hubby that I love feeding my little family good quality food. It really makes me happy!
Examples:
Last Sunday we had:
Whole chicken (seasoned with Garlic & onion powder)
carrots
potatoes
(everything was cooked together in the crockpot)

Today:
chicken breast (marinated in Lawry's Mesquite Lime in Crockpot)
baked potatoes (microwave)
steamed broccoli
salad

I have a crockpot recipe book that my MIL got me that I need to get out. Chicken is always super easy. I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down so that I can start making my soups too! If you have a really great crockpot recipe that you would like to share, please email me or leave a comment and I will post it.

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: