Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

~Crazy Kroger!~

This weekend I had a church retreat/training at a local hotel. Praise the Lord that we did not have to report until around 8:30 am this morning! Me and 2 of my students and awesome friends got up at the crack (4:40 am!) to get ready and drive to Kroger. We did not even go to bed until almost 1 am. You can imagine how I'm feeling right about now! So, we got up and I did my pre-game stretching and cheers and we were off. Yes, I really did those things....There is documentation! We arrived about 15 minutes prior to them opening. We ran into some of my other students and some other friends. It was fun! So, while we were there I got a game plan of where each was to go and where we would meet up. When the exit doors opened first, I started sprinting....Yep, sprinting and let me tell you IT FELT GOOD! I was on a mission and I was going to execute. I guess the sprinting threw my 2 girls off and the game plan went to the curb. ;) However, I must say that although it may have felt like I was sprinting away from you....I would never leave a man behind!!! (Allyssa, Tina & Jamie...that one's for you!)
It would take me days to go over my 9 transactions, so I won't. Instead, I've posted 2 pics with my grand totals. Hope you all got up early enough to get the stuff before it was gone! We went back this afternoon and there was hardly anything left. All in all it was a great day of shopping and a great day to spend with friends. Also, we got back to the hotel in time this morning for our meetings. Praise Jesus!
Thank you Jamie & Jenny for letting me go in front of you. That was such a blessing!



Below is an idea of what is in the picture since you can't tell the quantity very well. I did not list everything, but this will give you a good idea. Some of the items were more expensive (8 detergents & 2 bagged chicken).
3 Tide detergent
5 All detergent
2 Tyson bagged chicken
4 lunch meat
3 Quilted Northern
6 Reach Flossers
6 Toothbrushes
6 Gums
7 Degree deo.
Hefty trash bags
2 Welch's jelly
Welch's grape juice
6 Colgate
2 Listerine
1 Shave cream
1 Cookie Mix
1 cake icing
6 Ken's Dressing
4 Danon yogurts
2 pizzas
2 Excedrin
4 Pillsbury
2 Hair gel
7 nail polish
3 Raids
2 Carpet powder
15 pasta sides
2 Butterfinger packs
2 Guacamole's
3 Salsa
1 butter
Basically, I got 128 items for a total of.......drum roll please.........
$69.91!!!! I saved $296.15! Basically, that means I paid .54 cents per item. Woohoo! Victory and now it is time to get some sleep. Hope you brought your "A game" today and were victorious. I am so proud of my students that I have already heard from. Everyone did awesome today!
If I have not heard from you, please email me and share your success :)

By His Grace~
S
I'll leave you with some funnies around 5 am this morning in our hotel room. Enjoy!
*To the right! All good game plans begin with a pre-game warm-up! My roomie Tina thought this was too funny :)
*To the left!

No comments: