Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Friday, January 29, 2010

~Update on Razor Deal~

I've spoken to several of you regarding the razor deal at Walgreen's this week (I posted a few days ago). It seems as though Walgreen's makes up the "rules" as they go. On Sunday when I was there they decided to put a limit on the razors, even though a limit was not stated in the ad. Literally, the manager was making up the rules as he went. This is why I do not prefer Walgreen's. I do minimal shopping there due to the lack of customer service and the attitude given to the consumer. I make it a point to be beyond nice to every employee I encounter in the store.
Testing my theory to see if they would not honor the deal now, I went to a different Walgreen's on Wednesday night to try the deal. The lady at the register got very nervous and said that the manager would come and explain to me about the razor deal. He came over and explained that he could (rather would) not honor deal. I explained that the other Walgreen's honored it and he said they didn't know what they were doing. Ha! I told him thank you, but I would not be needing the razors. I only came in to get the deal.
Most places honor the deals that are printed in their ads. I'm SHOCKED that Walgreen's is taking this stance. This is not the first time I've heard of them doing this. So, if you went in to get the deal and they denied you...Sorry!

Please don't get upset with the cashier or manager. They are only doing what someone has told them to do. Yes, it is annoying...However, you will not get very far or be very successful at couponing in the future if you throw a fit. I've seen it happen before and I was super embarrassed for the lady. I'm pretty sure she will have a label for life at that store with all of the employees.
Remember me writing about how important favor is when you are a couponer? There are many times my coupons will beep for some reason, but the cashier will put it through because they know I am honest couponer. Sometimes coupons will beep for no reason (even if you have the exact item that is listed and pictured). Each cashier has the right to deny any coupon. If you are nice, 9.99 times out of 10, they will push it through. A friendly smile goes miles!
No free razors or free anything is worth losing your creditability. I always think about how I would want to be treated if I were behind the register. I promise, Jesus would not throw a fit over not getting FREE razors!
Many blessings this rainy Friday :)
SHO

No comments: