Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~Dinner last night~

Dinner menu last night:

Tacos w/ guacamole & pintos

Taco meat-less than $1
guacamole-FREE!
Pinto beans-.79 (1 can)
Tortillas-.40 (used 4 from a $1 package of 10)
cheese-probably .25 worth of the package

Total meal = less than $2.50! Plus I had enough taco meat & pintos for us to eat it again for lunch today! So, technically the meal was less than $1.50. Woohoo! This is why eating at home saves BIG!!!!

I encourage you all to have a list of what I call "go to meals". They are quick, easy meals that you ALWAYS have on hand. For me, tacos are one of my favorite "go to meals". I have several variations of how I make the tacos and different types of meat that I like to use. That way my family never gets tired of them :)

I hope this is helping you all. Several of you have asked me how I feed my family so inexpensively. We eat really good food and it rarely comes out of box! I try to make my time in the kitchen as efficient as possible. I don't really enjoy cooking, but I love feeding my family good food! Blessing them, blesses me.

No comments: