Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

~Something New!~

I'm excited to be telling you about one of the new things that I am going to be doing in 2010! I'm going to be listing my dinner menu, but also listing what the entire meal cost me to make for my family. This may be a bit tricky at times, so it won't be down to the penny. However, it will be very close! I'm doing this to encourage you to eat at home more in 2010. It really is so much cheaper and so much healthier than fast food.
Menu last night:
salad w/ spinach leaves added (paid $1 for salad kit and then just over $2 for the large bag of spinach, both will last for at least 6 salads)
baked chicken (marinaded with Lowry's...paid .50 for the entire bottle)
rice & broccoli (FREE after coupons several months ago!)
salad dressing- Paid less than .10 for the entire bottle

*We had large salads with the baked chicken chopped and served on top. The rice & broccoli was the side dish. By chopping the large piece of chicken, I was able to use only one large breast.

Total = $2.00 or less

This was a really good and healthy meal that only cost me $2.00 at most. Can't beat that! Plus, it was easy to make ;)

Happy cooking!

No comments: