Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~Tip of the Day!~

Tip of the day is something else new I'm going to be posting on my journey to save you money in 2010....I'm going to list some things that I already do and may have posted about previously, but since this is a new year, I thought it would be a good time to start thinking about saving in every way....not just by using coupons!

Tip of the day:
*Turn down the thermostat in the winter! We keep ours at 65 (yes, it is a bit brisk), but we just wear cozy clothes when at home and it is fine. By doing this, my electric bill is $75-$250 cheaper than my neighbors with the same floor plan. Plus, it helps with my daughter's allergies to not have so much dry air. It seems like having a warm house would do the opposite, but it is really hard on people with allergies.
Also, your body does adjust to the temperature. It really isn't cold, just brisk at times. My daughter is never cold. Actually, she takes her socks off because her feet are hot every day. So, I never feel bad about keeping the thermostat on 65 :)
This will be an adjustment for those of you in the 70's. Do it a couple degrees at a time. If you keep it at 72, then do 70 for 2 days before dropping into the 60's.
I'd love to hear from those of you willing to try this. I promise, you will save so much money by doing so.

Wednesday Blessings~
SHO

No comments: