Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

~Buttercream Frosting!~

My cake decorating skills need some practice. I think this project was a bit ambitious with a 2 tiered cake for my first time.


There is another recipe that uses Crisco, but I just couldn't do that. I'm really working hard on exercising and watching my diet before our 10 year anniversary trip. The idea of using Crisco sort of grossed me out, so I went with this recipe instead.

Buttercream Frosting Recipe

1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened (but not melted!) Ideal texture should be like ice cream. I put 2 sticks in the microwave for 15 seconds and it was perfect!

3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
*I ended up needing 4

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2-4 tablespoons milk
*I used Vit. D milk

Instructions:
Beat butter for a few minutes on medium speed.
Add 3 cups powdered sugar and turn the mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of milk and beat for 3 minutes.
If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar (I did).
If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
That's it...Enjoy!

Happy Tuesday!
SHO

No comments: