Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

~Talk to your children about money~


"Mommy, guess what?!" (says mini-me)
"What?" (says mommy)

"I'm moving to a new house!" (mini-me)
"You are?!" (mommy)

"Yep, I'm paying CASH for it!!!" (mini-me)
"I'm so excited for you!!!" (mommy)
"How were you able to do it?" (mommy)

"I saved & budgeted my money." (mini-me)
I was smiling so big at this point. So proud of my little Sassy Saving mini-me!

Wow, to think that my newly 4 year old little girl gets it just makes me smile. I'm so glad that we talk to her about money at such a young age. I'm so happy that she doesn't think that debt is "normal" and that we set goals as a family. We have been talking to her about wanting to pay CASH for our next home. I just love that she is talking about it now. Imagine how exciting that day will be when we pay CASH for such a big investment?! Oh happy day!

It is never too early to start talking to your children about money. They are listening! Set goals with them. Make saving money fun for them!

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it" ~Proverbs 22:6

Blessings~
SHO

No comments: