Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

~Organize Your CHRISTmas Budget!~


Today is all about getting your CHRISTmas budget & list organized. Who couldn't use some order in this department?

How many times have you bought someone a gift & forgotten about it until just before the holiday? Of course, by then you have already purchased them something else and then you end up spending & giving more than your budget allows.

There is hope! You all know that I like spreadsheets, so start one! You don't have to do anything fancy. You can even write it down on paper. Simply have a column for the following:
Name
Gift
Budget
Actual Spent
Overage

Here is an example:
Name: Jan
Gift: Make-up
Budget: $20
Actual: $14
Overage: $6

Don't fall into the "Well, I got it on sale...so I should keep spending". Stop thinking like that. Broke people operate like that. Consider the sale a financial blessing and stop shopping. Move onto the next person on your list.

If the item purchased is $25 and you have $35 budgeted, move that $10 into an overage category. That money can be put toward something else or better yet, SAVED.
By doing this spreadsheet, you will be organized and have a grasp on your budget & holiday spending. This way you are in control & are telling your money where to go.

Trust me, this works. It makes life a lot more simple too!

Blessed~
SHO

2 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

Loved this...I'm always trying to get my husband on the "telling our money where to go" band wagon. We so need to get our finances organized! A good way to start would be for Christmas.

Laura Burciaga said...

Great advice!! I always feel guilty for some reason saving the extra if I got the gift on sale, but this post gave me permission to not feel bad!