Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, August 30, 2010

~Budgeting your time~

I heard on the radio last week that people are spending (wasting) on average of 4.5 HOURS PER DAY on social networking websites. Are you kidding me?! Sounds like employers need to be blocking those sites, GEEZ!

If you don't think that you have time to clip coupons & save money, I encourage you to limit the time spent on the social websites and that will open up some free time. Setting up a daily time budget for social networking will allow you to still be part of it, but also limit the amount of time spent so that that you are managing your time well. After all, time is one thing we can't ever get back!

Wow, I still can't believe that statistic. Sort of sad. I've been limiting my computer time and have found that I can be SUPER productive when I'm not just sitting here in front of the screen. I've been in crazy organization mode around here. Limiting the computer time has helped along with watching our new favorite show....This is going to sound weird, but we LOVE it! "Hoarding, buried alive" (I think that is what it is called). Anyway, every time I watch it I get a sense of major anxiety and want to tackle my entire house. Just last week I organized my toilet paper! (If you know how much toilet paper I have, you know that was a chore!) I've been on top of cabinets & armoires dusting like a crazed lady. Oh, it felt good. I love feeling a sense of accomplishment!

Some of these hoarders can't even walk through their home, they are stepping on things. They can't eat because they can't see the kitchen counter tops, sink,etc. Can you imagine not being able to eat in your own home? The idea that some people are using their fridge to store more junk really upsets my stomach. Pretty crazy!

We (my fav Coach & I) always wonder how you could let stuff pile up like that? A man described it perfectly on an episode we watched the other night. He said "It's like gaining weight...you only gain a few ounces at a time and then you wake up one day FAT!" Wow, that sort of makes sense.

Okay, this post is a bit random...so I'm going to end it. Anyway, my point is to stop wasting time worrying about what your friends are up to every minute of their lives (social sites) and make great use of that time. Budgeting your time is super beneficial. Can you imagine how much ahead of the game you could be if you spent that time working on your finances? Something to think about ;)


Happy Monday!
SHO

No comments: