Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Friday, August 20, 2010

~My Favorite Mistake~

An almost big mistake turned into this:


I love to sew, make, craft, decorate, you name it. I have NEVER used a pattern. I like to come up with something and then figure out how to make it on my own. Well, I found this pretty silk fabric and was set on making a strapless, long, maxi dress out of it. It was going to be CUTE and perfect for my date with my favorite Coach :) So, I had the fabric cut to my "normal" specifications. Got it home and realized that the fabric had to go the other direction in order to work and I was about 6 inches too short :( I was so sad. Considered making mini-me a replica, but not crazy about her wearing such a "mature" print. So, I fiddled around with it for a while, walked away for a while and then came up with this. Not what I intended, but at least I was able to do something with it. It is SUPER comfy to!

So, for roughly $3.50 I have this dress to be paired with my clearance Target sandals. The entire outfit was less than $10! Didn't it suddenly get cuter?!

The process (sometimes painful) of making this dress reminded me of the financial process that I experienced in my past. When I was "short" at the end of the month and needed to stretch my money until payday. Having to rework a situation and figure out how to make something out of very little sometimes.
If you have gotten frustrated with your finances because they were a little "short", I encourage you to work with them...take a step back...then rework the funds that you have to make your situation work. You can do it! Don't give up!

Fabulous Friday to all~
SHO

No comments: