Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

~The Value of a Comp Ad~

Don't forget the value of a comp ad. This weekend a store (across town) was having a Sat/Sun only sale on a few items that I wanted. The only problem is that I didn't want to drive over and get them. So, after church on Sunday, I took the comp ad into Wal-mart and got the items at the Tom Thumb sale price. It can be tricky, so make sure you read the ad and that you get exactly the same item. Another tip is to tell the cashier that you are comping the item before she rings it up. That is a very important step! Cashiers get very angry if they have to go back and redo something. Trust me on that one, I learned the hard way! That is the only way it works. I usually do comp ads when I don't have coupons to use on that item or if it is a coupon that will not be doubled or tripled (example: .75 coupon).

By doing this, I was able to get the following:

Betty Crocker Cake mix-.99
Betty Crocker frosting-$1.50 (plus I used a .75 q for the 2 Betty Crocker products)
Fritos-$1.49
Cheetos-$1.49

By simply taking the ad in, I saved over $5 and I didn't have to waste any gas!

Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!
SHO

No comments: