Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Friday, March 12, 2010

~Where's the Beef?~

It's at my house!

Tom Thumb is having a great sale on the 93/7 ground beef right now. It is $1.99 per pound. I made a special trip for this and some cereal. I now have enough meat to make 88+ meals (not including leftovers) for my family. Several large amounts are set aside for hamburgers to grill. Many of you asked how much I buy of something when it goes down to a great price. Well, here is your answer! I actually ran completely out of ground beef this week, so this sale could not have come at a better time. Now I have enough meat for several months. Thank you Jesus!

*8 Family packs of 93/7 ground beef.

*After I spent a very long time separating it all....88 bags later!
Tip: Sort the meat into portions that you will need for cooking. Press it flat so that it is easy to stack in the freezer and doesn't take up much room.

I spoke with the manager (he just happened to be in the meat department) and explained that I had driven from another town specifically for this meat and that I planned on stocking up. He said to get as much as I wanted that they could always grind more up for me. If you get there and they appear to be running low, be sure to speak to someone in the meat department and they can get you more from the back. They were so nice. I really enjoy nice people ;)

No comments: