Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, December 5, 2011

~My New Skin Care Plan=CHEAP!~

I've been trying some new beauty products lately. Wanted to report to you my findings!

The skin on my face has been "chronically dry" for a while now. It is really hard for me to find a balance between clear skin (which is dry) or breakouts. Finally, I decided that I would get WILD & CRAZY and try something that I've been scared to try for about 8 years now.

Literally, about 8 years ago I heard about putting oils on your face. It sounded like the craziest thing ever and I'm pretty sure I vowed that I would NEVER do that. I really need to stop saying "never"! Ha!

Fast forward 8 years I decided to poll a few of my friends with really great skin to see what products they have been using. Several use Lancome products, however they are very expensive. Then one of my frugal friends, who also happens to be BEAUTIFUL and has PERFECT skin, said she does the "oil cleansing method". I about fell over! She claimed it to be the best that she has ever used on her dry skin that had been breaking out.

I decided to just do it! I was going to give it a 2 week trial run and let my skin acclimate (praying that didn't mean breakout) to see the results. Can I say that my skin has never felt better?! It feels like velvet and has a healthy glow (not shine). The EVOO is a natural cleanser and moisturizer. It is wonderful!

I'm not using expensive oils either! I went into my pantry and got the bottle of soybean & extra virgin olive oil (came in one container). This was purchased at Dollar Tree! I've been doing this for almost 1 month and love it! I've recruited one of my friends (who is also a skin care junky) and she is LOVING it too! We both have used expensive moisturizers and neither of us can believe how simple and effective this method is on our skin.

More to come on exactly how I do it later this week!

Blessings~
SHO

No comments: