Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

~Tuesday Testimonial~

I'm so excited to share a guest post this week from my Sassy Saving friend Tiffany. She has gotten her bills down to $300 per month, so I wanted her to share with everyone. I'm hoping to do more guest post in the future. If you would like to be a contributor, please let me know.

*Tiffany is on the left in the brown tank. She is a mother of a 4 year old, 1 year old and a baby on the way!
*******************************************************

We use basically the same methods you shared. I have always been one to keep the lights low and blinds closed. Friends and family even tease me about being a vampire! Ha! That is until they hear how low my summer bills are! In the winter I open the blinds on sunny days, and even let in the breeze in the fall and spring. We never turn our fans off, so the air is always circulating to keep things cooler/ more comfortable. The house is so cold in the winter sometimes that I have to walk around with my heavy robe on all day just to stay warm (I am cold all the time though).

Water, our bill is usually $50-60 in the seasons and much less in the colder ones (like around $20-$30). We only water every third day, with a sprinkler system, unless it rains. Then we recalculate.

Phone bill- well, this one has been a process. We have finally gotten as low as we can. We love our service so will not switch, and have the lowest minutes. After watching over about 6 months I realized we could go all the way to the bottom on our minutes and still not go over. We use a lot of texting, so we got a plan that included unlimited texting, mobile to mobile, and 700 shared minutes. With family out of town who mostly use the same service as us, we can talk to them and not use any minutes. My husband also uses his cell as a workbusiness line. We pay about $91 a month. We have no home phone because we would rather have internet. Right now we are paying $38 a month for wireless but I am working on getting that one lower. We just cancelled our cable (Hulu!!!) which was with a cable/internet bundle so I haven't been able to really look into the internet prices yet. Would love any input!

So once you average all the seasons, we come out to about $300 a month! We are still working on some things getting lower, but I am so proud of the teamwork it takes to make the most of what we have been blessed with!
Thanks for asking me to share and let me know if you have any questions.
Tiff

No comments: