Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

~Pantry Challenge Update!~

Pantry Challenge

We did it! We managed to not get any groceries for 13 days!!! We could have made it 14, but didn't want to waste my Sunday afternoon shopping. It felt good to have a plan and to not run to the store for anything. Plus, my budget thanked me ;)

It was not too terribly hard. However, we had many things that sounded good that we would be missing one ingredient for. Normally, we would have just picked it up at the store. My hubby LOVED not having to pick anything up on his way home ;) It took getting a little creative and really going through my recipes to see what we could put together. It all worked out in the end.

I know some of you have already taken the challenge and I'm excited for you! If you haven't, I encourage you to get a plan and get creative. You will save 100% by not spending anything! He he (I thought that was funny!)

Speaking of funny...

Sunday evening mini-me was telling us what she had learned at church. She demonstrated how Jesus walked on water with her little water papers (see pic). She then said "Mommy, Jesus walked on water. Can you?"
"Ummmm No" said this mommy.

Happy Wednesday!
SHO

1 comment:

mattandpj said...

You should put paper towels under her feet and have her clean the floors while she walks on water!