Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

~Sassy Saver Spotlight!~

This is a post from a student that got "Sassy" with her savings. Tiffany is a mother of 2 little girls. She has gotten very creative with her menu since becoming a couponer. I love to see what she has come up with. Tiff, I'm so proud of you! Awesome job!
**********************************************************

These are the items I got while visiting Walmart and CVS.
Here's a rundown on the numbers:

CVS: Starting with 6 and 2 ECBs, plus a 2.50 ECB from the machine when I walked in this afternoon!

John Frieda and Biore- Buy $15, get $5 ECB.
Biore wash $6 - used Buy pore strips, get wash free Q.
Biore pore strips $6
John Frieda hair product $5
-$2.50 Q.
=$5

Puffs Plus
$.99
-$1 Q
= FREE

Dove Shampoo $4.49, get $4.49 ECB
-$1.50 Q
=FREE with $1.50 overage

TOTAL at CVS = $1.07, paid in change from my coin purse! Took home 5 and 4.49 ECBs!
Savings at CVS=$27.96

Walmart:
2 Benedryl Itch Sticks
$2.28 each
-$5 off 2 Benedryl products q

Planters peanuts (as filler)
$.48
TOTAL Walmart = $.04!!!

The cashier looked shocked, and even checked the coupon, almost like she might try that little trick! haha. Love it!
The cashier at CVS and I had a great conversation about teaching our children the value of saving money this way. She seemed impressed that my children will know from a young age how to be good stewards of what God has blessed us with. Praise the Lord!

No comments: