Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

~Quick Meal Idea~

Yesterday, I put some hamburger meat in the fridge to thaw before I left. When I got home, I realized that I only had 3 tortillas. That is not nearly enough for tacos for us. However, I was tired and didn't want to eat out. So, I made a mexican layered dish. It was super easy and quick!

1 layer tortilla
1 layer pinto beans & shredded cheese
1 layer tortilla
1 layer ground beef (brown meat & use taco seasoning first), pinto beans & shredded cheese
1 layer tortilla topped w/ pinto beans & cheese

Put it in the oven on 350 for about 15 minutes and it was tasty.

*This was a very simple version of this. You could really have fun and make it interesting! In the past, I've added peppers, sour cream or Rotel to it. We love mexican food and I love that it is usually a very quick fix :)

No comments: