Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

~How to stick to a weekly grocery budget~


My weekly grocery budget is roughly $30.00. Some weeks I spend $40 and other weeks I only spend $15 or $20. Basically, I ALWAYS know how much I have left for the month and figure out how many weeks I have to make that money stretch. Before I go to the store, I make a very detailed list of items that I need, sale items that I will be purchasing and the coupons that I will be using.

Example:
3 Downy sale $3.50 (using $3 q) = .50 each
3 Birdseye Frozen Veggies sale $1 (using .35 q tripled) = FREE!

Then I go through my entire sheet and tally up roughly how much I plan to spend. If I am over my target amount, then a few things get cut. I've found that if you go into a store knowing what you are going to spend, it makes shopping a lot more fun and productive. Especially, if you have a set amount that you are aiming for, things don't tend to jump into the basket as easily ;) (We've all had that happen before, right?) You go in for 5 things and come out with 18 items and forgot 2 of the 5 that you went in for???

Hope this helps and that you have a very blessed day!
SHO

No comments: