Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

~My Tom Thumb Trip!~

Did something that I haven't done in a while and went to 2 grocery stores yesterday! After Kroger, we headed to Tom Thumb. I really like the meat department at Tom Thumb. This week they have a good deal on roast & pork chops. Plus, I wanted to pick up a few other sale items there. This is what I purchased:


Cocoa Puffs
$4.19 (reg)
$1.79 (sale + in-store coupon)
-$1.50 q (I thought the coupon was only .75, but my receipt says it took off $1.50...I love it when that happens ;)
=.29!
*Here is a frugal tip...I bought this cereal for a dessert for my cute hubs. It tastes like a dessert (brownie) and is cheaper than buying cookies!

Cantaloupe
$2.49 (reg)
.99 (sale)


2 Ritz Crackerfuls
$3.79 (reg)
$1.99 (sale + in-store coupon)
-$1/2 q
=$1.49 each

Pork Chops (sale) $1.49 per lb
Roast (sale) $1.99 per lb

2 Mrs. Bairds Bread
$2.99
BOGO Sale (Buy 1 Get 1 FREE)
=$1.50 each
*Tip= Anytime the bread is buy 1 get 1 FREE, stock up! Of course, always make sure the sale price is less than you would pay per loaf normally. We really like this bread, so it was a good deal for us.

Happy Thursday!
SHO

No comments: