Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, July 18, 2011

~Make Your Own Napkins-CHEAP!~

We are back from OKC! We had a great trip and a nice visit with family & friends. I even went to a local grocery story and picked up some deals! Thought it would be fun to answer a reader question today.

Reader Question:

I never see napkins in your photos. Do you not use them or do you have any special money saving napkin tips?

Answer:

Previously, I bought napkins. However, I was never happy with the quality and thought they were over-priced. My solution = make my own! It does take a few minutes, however 1 small (yet very absorbent) paper towel is so much better than a flimsy napkin. I've been doing this for months now and haven't looked back.


Also, anytime we eat at a restaurant and there are napkins leftover I always bring them home. If not, they would go in the trash can and that is just a huge waste!


Did I mention that it is saving me money too?! I never pay more than .50 per roll of paper towels. If it is a regular roll, I cut each towel into 4 squares. I try to only buy the select-a-size rolls and then I only have to cut once. It makes A LOT of napkins and for super cheap!

Hope this inspires you to at least try my method. Seriously, I will not purchase napkins again (unless they are fancy napkins for an event). Let me know what you think!

Happy Monday!
SHO

No comments: