Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

~Is Less Really More?~

Is less really more?

I've been reading a great deal of articles & blogs over the past couple months about people living with fewer things. There is a movement (That is what I'm calling it) of people who are getting rid of everything, except for 100 personal items. Can you imagine that? I think I may have 100 items on this computer desk!!!

These people are selling everything, including their cars and moving into tiny (400 sq. ft) studio apartments. They are getting out of debt (love that) & living a more simple life.

Another thing that the article said (Dallas Morning News) was that people are spending less, saving more and are choosing to spend their money on experiences rather than stuff. I love that! Vacations for me are sooooooooo important. I will gladly spend money on the experience to go to another country with my favorite Coach. I love the memories,the pictures & the feeling I get when I think about how magical each trip has been. Money well spent.

Back to the less is more business. Do you think you could do it? Could you get rid of everything?
Honestly...I just really like my stuff, don't you? I love pretty things sitting around my house that collect dust. I love pictures & candles. I like to walk in and be surrounded by my things. My house is my Shalom. I find great comfort & peace just by walking in. I do believe that part of the reason is that I'm surrounded by my favorite things.
I'm sure I could give up 1/2 of the items, but down to 100 would be....well....just sad.

Something to think about on this beautiful Fall day!

Wednesday Blessings~
SHO

1 comment:

Traci said...

ABSOLUTELY no way could I give up all but 100 items. Are you kidding?? I can't bare the thought of getting rid of my Barbie dolls from when I was a kid!!