Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

~Menu Plan!~

Does the idea of planning a menu make you feel like this???

Never fear, the crock pot is here!

Since this fall has been the busiest of our lives, I've had to up my game plan (menu) or we were going to fail big time. What that means for me? I make enough chicken at one setting for 1 week. I separate it and refreeze it for my recipes that I plan to make. I do the same thing with ground beef. That way the meat is already cooked, it just needs to be thawed and put into a recipe. This saves me TONS of time each week, plus it helps me stay on track.

Example: We left the house early Saturday morning and I knew we would be hungry and still in town around lunch. So, I took out my pre-cooked beef and put it in the crockpot with the other chili ingredients (made enough for 2 batches). After lunch, I ended up putting the entire container in the fridge for the next day. Early Sunday morning I put it back in the Crock pot on low so we could have Frito Chili Pie for lunch after church. We came home both days to eat because we knew something was ready for us. This ended up being a great plan for us. Having a plan is key!


Happy Wednesday!
SHO

No comments: