Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The other night we ran into CVS on the other side of town hoping they had some of my rain check items before my coupons expired. Well, they did! However, they were super duper busy and only had 1 cashier. I had to do 2 different transactions. I completely confused the poor cashier, heck I was even confusing myself with all of the paperwork in my hand. Anyway, it worked out and I was able to get my rain check items...use my coupons....use my ECBs....use my Green tag...use a gift card...then put the remaining balance on my debit card. Whew! It actually sounds less confusing than it was because my coupons got mixed up once I got up there (even though I spent at least 10 minutes getting them in order...not sure how that happened). My point here is that even when you are "experienced" at this, we all have our moments when we feel overwhelmed at the register. Take a deep breath and remember how much money you are saving. Then you can leave the stores smiling :)

My sweet hubby & daughter were watching all of the "paperwork" be exchanged. We left there and my husband said "I feel like I was taking the ACT calculus portion trying to figure out what you were doing!" I just cracked up and said "me too!"
Good times :)

No comments: