Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

~Financial Goals for 2010!~


Let's talk about New Year's Resolutions. I am making several financial resolutions in 2010. My cute hubby and I have sat down and came up with a number that will be a challenge to save, but I'm certain it can be done if we stick to our plan. We also want to travel more during the summer (pre-paid travel...it is not a vacation to me if you have to pay for it when you get back!). All of this will be possible if we purpose every dollar (as we have been doing). We budget down to zero each month and that has been key to saving. We have 2 categories that don't get touched and are non-negotiable. 1. Tithe 2. Savings...These 2 come off the top. They are considered our "first fruits". Tithing has been something that we have done since we first got married. We believe it is why we are so blessed. God is honoring the sacrifice of our 10% and making the other 90% go above and beyond. We also live within our budget and don't EVER buy anything unless we can pay for it then. Things are so much more enjoyable when you know there is not a payment plan involved!
Couponing has been the key to us putting money into savings each month. I know that if you set your mind to it, you can save and reach your financial goals. As Dave Ramsey says "On paper...on purpose". I never truly understood this until I started doing it.
I would love to hear about your resolutions. Many of you are new to couponing, so I know you have set some goals :)
I hope this blog is helping you and your family save money and live a more financially blessed life.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year's Eve!

In His Grace~
SHO

No comments: