Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

~Saving big, but not always!~

I thought this went without saying, but I guess not. A "deal" is only a deal if you can afford it. You can go into debt "saving money". I know, sounds weird! That is why a budget is so important. Deals are only sweet if you are truly saving money.

Example 1: I had a girl tell me that she saved over $1000 last month. Sounds impressive, right?
Reality: Wrong! She had to spend over $700 to save $1000. Not good!

Example 2: A girl told me of a great deal she got on some clothes for herself.
Reality: She had no business spending any money on anything because she simply doesn't have money in her budget for it. Regardless if it was really inexpensive, it should not have been purchased. She didn't "save" any money, she spent money she didn't have.

My point here is that you must show some self restraint in all aspects of life, including couponing. You don't want to get caught up in every deal. If I went out and got in on every deal that I see each day, I would be WAY OVER BUDGET!

Be blessed!

No comments: