Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Monday, September 21, 2009

~Cook Once...Eat Twice!~

Those of you in a cooking rut (who isn't at times?), this is a great motto to cook by. "Cook Once...Eat twice" Example: Make a large serving of crock pot chicken and then use it in 2 different meals. I usually break it up by eating a meal of some sort of chicken one night, then do a beef or pork meal the next and then on the third night go back to a chicken dish. Eating at home doesn't have to feel like a penalty, however if you only make the same things OVER AND OVER AND OVER, it will get old very quickly!

I currently have chicken and pork chops thawing for today and tomorrow. Technically, I will have four meals out of the two. I will do 2 chicken meals along with pork chops one night and then I will use the remaining chops and probably put on some nachos (one of my hubby' favs).

Also, remember that grilled avocado w/ chicken that I was going to try to make a while back??? It was awesome! I've also tried it with grilled steak (leftovers)and it was even better!

Hope this helps!

No comments: