Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

~A Very Easy Meal!~

Some of you asked about the chicken, rice & broccoli dish that I listed on my menu. It must be the easiest thing that I make, literally! Plus, it is super tasty! I have 2 versions of this.

Version #1 (the healthier):
Rice (made from the pouch in 90 seconds)
Shredded chicken (made in the crockpot in bulk, separated, then frozen for quick meals like this...I just thawed it out in the fridge this morning)
*heated the chicken up on the stove top for 5-7 minutes
Broccoli (used a bag of frozen broccoli...took 5 minutes)
Done!


Version #2 (hubby looks at this and says "this looks really healthy"...translation="I need a little more of something on this!"

Add shredded Cheese
Bacon bits
Done!

*Remember that chicken goes much further if it is shredded. I can feed my entire family with 1 shredded breast in a meal like this (meaning it has multiple ingredients) vs. 3 individual breasts that are not shredded. Hope that made sense.


Both ways are good, of course, the second way taste the best. Anyway, it is a super easy meal that takes less than 15 minutes from start to the dinner table. A hit at our house :)

Hope this helps!

Blessings~
SHO

No comments: