Couponing My Way To The Islands!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

~National Vinegar Month~

From time to time I run across some tips that I like to pass along. Today's information came from Jennifer at Surviving the Stores. I've not tried any of these, but am interested in using it to clean the microwave. Please let me know if you try any of these. I'd like to know what worked for you.
***********************************************************************************

Did you guys know that May is National Vinegar Month?? Well, in honor of National Vinegar Month, I thought I would do a Survival Tip Tuesday post on the ways that we use Vinegar!

Vinegar is a very inexpensive alternative to many everyday household items and Apple Cider Vinegar is an excellent home remedy (in my personal opinion - see disclaimer below!)

Here are some of the ways that we personally use vinegar:

1) As a cleaner. Fill a spray bottle 3/4 full with Distilled Water, add about 1-2 cups of vinegar and then add some Tea Tree Oil (this will be your most expensive item but it last forever!) Use it on your counters, to clean the stove, kitchen table, etc... It works great and you can feel great about your kids using it too! I also use a variation of this to mop my floors. I put hot water in the sink, add some white vinegar, and then several drops of rose oil (you can also add salt if you would like to). My floors look good AND smell good too! :)

2) With the laundry. Adding vinegar to your washing machine load works as a fabric softener, helps prevent static, and makes your clothes brighter! If you have a place where fabric softener goes, you can pour the vinegar in there.

3) To clean the microwave and the coffee maker! To clean the microwave, just stick about half a cup of vinegar in and microwave it for about 30 seconds. The junk inside just wipes clean! About once a month we run a vinegar/water mix through the coffee maker and it gets it clean every time!

4) As dandruff shampoo!

5) For eczema. After doing some research online I decided to start taking apple cider vinegar tablets and it COMPLETELY went away! I was amazed!

There are HUNDREDS of great uses for vinegar.... getting rust off of nails, unclogging shower heads, killing weeds, killing bacteria in meat, and much more!
***********************************************************************************

Thanks Jennifer!

No comments: